

So, I had the most amazing Language and Literacy teacher, sister Gordon. She has the most amazing insights and she is just fabulous. On the last day of class, she had our class over for breakfast ( the MOST amazing Waffles) and she gave us a present: "Take me out of the Bathtub and other silly dilly songs" by Alan Katz. It has fun words to songs we all know, like take me out to the ball game and twinkle twinkle little star. My favorite is Cranky Poodle, sung to by Yankee Doodle. So, my nieces were visiting my house and they were all a little cranky, so I pulled out this book and started singing to them. A few hours later as I unpacked from Idaho and packed to come to Brentwood, Aubrey grabs the book and asks if she can read it ( she is 2 1/2). I of course say yes, but add to be careful because it is Aunty Amber's. I find her in the bedroom "reading" it out loud and singing to herself. She then asked me to read it to her, 3 times. She then read it to me. Sister Gordon is right, this book is now loved, and my Niece LOVES it! Reading is Magical! Peace, Love, Happiness
XOXOX
No comments:
Post a Comment