01 October 2010

Striking up Random Conversations...

This Tuesday for devotional, I decided to go and save some seats for 2 of my roommates in the Hart. Just as I am scanning around looking for some empty seats that looks comfortable and in a grand location, I noticed at the top of a row, towards the end, some seats. At the end of the row was an attractive young man, and I asked politely if I could sit there. He said yes, and I thought twice about sitting right next to him. Deciding that it wouldn't be a big deal, I sat next to him and pulled out my scriptures. I turned to him and struck up a conversation. We talked for about 10 minutes prior to devotional starting.
Towards the end, he scrawled a quick note and handed to me, before jetting off for class. I blushed and read it, then changing my reaction from blushing, to smiling, heartfelt tears came to my eyes. The note said this:
Thank you for talking to me. I'm extremely discouraged and depressed today and I needed someone to talk to me. Good luck this last semester. I hope things work out the way you want them to.
Just by being me, someone that talks to complete strangers and smiles, I was able to help uplift this man. Little did He know, I was looking for ways to think of others and serve, instead of focusing on myself and my trials. He helped me accomplish this, and He offered me a service as well.
Thank you Thomas from Rexburg. If only I got a last name. ;)
Peace, Love, Happiness
XOXOX

No comments: