The first time I remember seeing Rita Schroeder was at a fashion show for Beautifully Modest, that each ward of Laurels participated in. I remember seeing how bubbly she was and how she was filled with love and energy towards the girls. My experiences with Rita following that time only got better.
When I officially met Rita, it was November 2008, and we were celebrating a raise Calee received from work. We ate grilled cheese sandwiches and were watching Baby Mama, when Scott and Rita walked in the door from being out. Rita walked in at an awkward part in the movie, and loudly repeated the awkward word that was just stated. I couldn't stop laughing, and when Calee loudly shushed her mother, she said "It's my house, and my kids are all grown, I don't have to be a good example anymore." I fell in love with the woman that would become like a second mom to me.
Each time I came over (let's face it, in 2009, I practically lived at Calee's house) I was always greeted with a very large smile and a "hey girl" from Momma Rita. I would come in, usually with Cherry Garcia, and would meet an eager hug with a large spoon. We'd gab about the men in my life (or not in my life), my future, my cute clothes, and how Calee and I should move to some exotic Island together. Each time I'd spend the night and would wake up to Rita in the kitchen as I stole some cereal, she'd always ask how I slept, Why in the world I was up so early, and if I could just live there.
When I had to leave to go back to school for the 2010 semester, I didn't want to go. I felt that if I left this woman and the wonderful family I had adopted as my own, that I would be abandoning them. I remember texting Rita for her birthday and her responding "Girl, Come home, We miss you"
Rita has been such an amazing example to me, and she has truly been a woman I looked up to. She is my Angel. Heaven needed Rita, and Heavenly Father is taking care of those that need to have his love and comfort. I went to the Temple, and I had an overwhelming peace of where she is, and Her love surrounds me. I will sing for Rita, I will live, For Rita. Momma Rita, I love and Miss you.
She sings with Heavenly Choirs 6/9/1960-1/24/2011
No comments:
Post a Comment