Finally friends, I graduated from College. Many of you might remember my adventures from when I first started my blog, and boy did they just get better as college progressed. My 4 years at BYU-Idaho were incredible, inspirational and fun. The best part about graduation was that I was able to sing at convocation with a girl from the social work department. We sang, "Everywhere I go," a Sally Deford song. It was a wonderful experience. Pretty sure I made my momma cry.
So here is how it all went down. Friday my family showed up, we celebrated momma's birthday and I went back to my apartment, had some ice cream, some more packing and some last minute goodbyes. I def. cried. (If I have learned anything from living with my roommates, it is that I am a cry baby, and that's ok) I finally went to sleep about midnight and tried to relax. I woke up the next morning at like 6 am, showered, ironed my gown and got ready. I was able to stand in line next to my roommate Jen and it was very surreal to be there. I have known BYU-I for 4 years of my life, it is my school, and I was finally leaving it. We all filed in and I sat down, ready and waiting for Commencement to begin.
After commencement, we filed out and I saw many friends and was able to snap a few pictures. I hurried to the Hart building to find Erin and practice for our performance at Convocation (just a few of the colleges). I was nervous, but very excited. It went great, minus my cap that kept sliding off, but oh well. I walked across that stage as they said my name and I had the biggest smile on my face. After the service was over, I was met by my Heidi and old roommate Lauren as well as Chelsey and Janelle. My nephew gave me kisses and I got many phone calls and text messages. It couldn't have been a better day.
Many thanks go out to those who made my College Experience unforgettable. Thanks to my parents and sister and brother for coming, for the many phone calls, happy thoughts and warm wished cards. I couldn't have succeeded without the love and support from amazing people, especially my parents, my roommate sister friends of 4 years and my Heavenly Father.
Peace, Love, Happiness
XOXOX
No comments:
Post a Comment