07 December 2008

Pearl Harbor...




As a rememberance to one of the most detrimental attacks on America, I would like to share some facts on Pearl Harbor! Pearl Harbor, an attack from the Japanese on the American Fleets in 1941, was triggered by America cutting off Oil Supplies to the Japanese (who at the time had a waging War going on between them and China.) America, Not wanting to be involved in the actual fighting of WWII, had moved it's Navy Fleets to the Hawaiian islands in hopes of staying safe. Little did they Know that Japan was planning a very detailed attack on Americans. The Japanese struck Pearl harbor about 8 am on Sunday December 7, 1941. "Within a short time five of eight battleships at Pearl Harbor were sunk or sinking, with the rest damaged. Several other ships and most Hawaii-based combat planes were also knocked out and over 2400 Americans were dead."

For some reason, WWII is my absolute Favorite war to study and learn about. Pearl Harbor has always interested me. Possibly because a) I am Obsessed with the 40's. b) I LOVE Hawaii c) Jerry Bruckheimer Created the most amazing Movie: Pearl Harbor, Starring My beloved Ben Affleck and Hunky Josh Hartnett. Either way, I would like to pay Tribute to this War on this, the 67th year anniversery of Pearl Harbor.






No comments: